Who doesn’t love a nice warm slice of banana bread? Especially if you like homemade, this recipe was made for you! If you’re anything like me, “easy” or “fool-proof” recipes aren’t always what they promise. Not everyone can be Martha Stewart! Let’s jump right in!
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts, I prefer walnuts, but it can really be whatever nuts you would like *optional
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, I suggest getting an unsalted butter or margarine, if you can’t find unsalted, don’t add the salt it says to
- 1 cup of mashed bananas, very ripe, that’ll be about 2 large bananas
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9” x 5” loaf pan
- In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- With a pastry blender cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Stir in bananas, walnuts, and eggs just until the flour is moistened
- Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean
- Let cool for 10 minutes in loaf pan, then remove and let it cool for 10 more minutes
Let us know how your banana bread turned out in a comment below, or on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, using #hashtagencourage!! We can’t wait to see!